2022 Program Available On-Demand Now
The Corneal Physician Symposium, previously known as the Cornea Virtual Summit, is an online, one-day meeting focused on cornea-specific education. This accredited, annual program is curated by Course Directors, Dr. Kendall Donaldson and Dr. Cynthia Matossian. Featuring world-renowned experts in both medical and surgical cornea, the Corneal Physician Symposium offers a mix of didactic lecture and interactive, live panel discussions throughout 8 educational sessions.
The 2022 program, which took place on Saturday, November 19th is now available for on-demand viewing through November 19, 2023. Check back for updates on the 2023 Corneal Physician Symposium program.
Kendall Donaldson, MD, MS
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Cynthia Matossian, MD, FACS
Matossian Eye Associates
Upon completion of the meeting, participants will be able to:
- Identify the preoperative diagnostic and treatment algorithm for ocular surface disease (OSD).
- Evaluate the impact of glaucoma therapy on the ocular surface.
- Recognize the most appropriate therapeutic option for patients suffering from OSD.
- Describe how to diagnose and treat neuropathic eye pain, neurotrophic keratitis, and the role of immunosuppression and systemic treatments for anterior segment surgery.
- Describe the current state of topography guided and wavefront guided laser vision correction in the US.
- Examine the future of laser vision correction.
- Describe the current diagnostic tools, treatment protocols and outcomes for collagen crosslinking.
- Recognize the surgical techniques for challenging cases including endothelial keratoplasty, techniques for combined corneal surgery coupled with complex cataract surgical, and ocular surface reconstruction.
- Discuss the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment approaches to infectious keratitis.
The target audience for this event is cornea specialists (in practice) and ophthalmologists in training (residents and fellows); ophthalmologists with interest in cornea.
Have questions about the meeting? Contact our team via email email@example.com or phone: 215-237-9128.