December 11, 2021
The Corneal Physician Symposium, previously known as the Cornea Virtual Summit, is an online, one-day meeting focused on cornea-specific education. The content, offering 6 CME credits, is curated by Course Directors, Dr. Kendall Donaldson and Dr. Cynthia Matossian. This program will feature 24 world-renowned experts in medical and surgical cornea, plus interactive, live panel discussions throughout the 8 educational sessions.
Kendall Donaldson, MD, MS
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Cynthia Matossian, MD, FACS
Matossian Eye Associates
Upon completion of the meeting, participants will be able to:
- Identify the preoperative diagnostic and treatment algorithm for ocular surface disease (OSD), evaluate the impact of glaucoma therapy on the ocular surface and recognize the most appropriate therapeutic option for patients suffering from OSD
- Describe how to diagnose and treat neuropathic eye pain and the role of immunosuppression for anterior segment surgery
- Describe how to diagnose and treat neurotrophic eye pain and the role of systemic treatments for pain control
- Describe the current state of topography guided and wavefront guided laser vision correction in the US, and to examine the future of laser vision correction
- Describe the current diagnostic tools, treatment protocols and outcomes for collagen crosslinking
- Recognize and understand the surgical techniques for challenging cases including endothelial keratoplasty, techniques for combined corneal surgery coupled with complex cataract surgical, and ocular surface reconstruction
- Learn the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment approaches to ocular surface tumors and infectious keratitis
The target audience for this event is cornea specialists (in practice) and ophthalmologists in training (residents and fellows); ophthalmologists with interest in cornea.
Have questions about the meeting? Contact our team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 215-237-9128.